SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
– Drive the design, development, and maintenance of analytical models to surface actionable insights for
proactive decision-making, ranging from product feature experimentation to customer lifetime value forecasting to
fraud detection, etc.
– Collaborate with business owners to understand short and long-term goals and scope technical requirements to
meet business needs
– Work alongside Enterprise Data Architecture team members to ensure data is collected, cleansed, and
transformed to efficiently bring your algorithms to life
– Establish and develop experimentation frameworks to foster clear, easy to understand statistical outputs that
will drive iterative process improvement
– Present data and solutions effectively across geographically dispersed teams from a diverse set of
technical backgrounds, including leadership and executive teams
– Complete assigned tickets including functional/technical development, testing, review, UAT, and deployment while
communicating progress and blockers
– Promote best practices and help guide the broader team toward continuous improvement
– Understand data science/ML trends and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to
enable new and evolving business needs
– Recommend appropriate tools or technologies to leverage across advanced analytics use cases
– Communicate complex solutions clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
– Strategically partner with Product to inform feature development, demonstrating what will drive business
– 7+ years of combined experience in data science, advanced analytics, or related fields
– Technically proficient in a scripting language (Python or R preferred), SQL, and data visualization (Tableau
– Demonstrated expertise in advanced analytics and data science techniques, including building, testing, and
deploying predictive models
– Comfortable running the full lifecycle of a data science project, from gathering requirements and articulating the
use case, through data preparation, analysis, and recommendations
– Skilled at solving ambiguous challenges and thinking both forward and proactively when designing analytic
solutions to move problems forward
– Ability to maintain exemplary communication and a customer-focused approach while working across
– A willingness to collaborate, embrace change, and apply entrepreneurial approaches to analytic solutions
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
– Advanced (Master’s / PhD) degree in a quantitative field (Data Science / Statistics preferred)
– Experience standing up data science and advanced analytics solutions from scratch
– Experience with transactional datasets and leading projects that span the disciplines of data science and
– Experience using cloud computing environments (direct experience with Snowflake and AWS, a plus)
– Demonstrated experience in business strategy and delivering value to business stakeholders
– Understanding of product development and how to influence via data analysis
– Awareness of Machine Learning and its applicable use cases, a plus
– Ability to prioritize competing tasks, think independently, and take initiative
– Communication skills with all levels of business and a customer service mindset
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
– 4 year college degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Comp range for this role is $148K – $170K/year.
Here are the states in which our client can employ someone in this role:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington State, West Virginia
You must sign in to apply for this position.
← Back to Job Listings
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2022.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
To view other Lexicon Solutions job opportunities, please visit our website at: www.lexiconsolutions.com/jobs