Our client needs a native iOS Developer as well as a native Android Developer to supplement their team. The candidates will need to be native only (not hybrid) and proficient in Swift or Kotlin, depending on the role. They currently have native iOS and Android developers on their team but are looking to add more capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Develop, deploy and maintain platform-wide mobile applications.
– Support development for new mobile platform features and experiences.
– Work closely with the design team to ensure brand alignment across mobile applications.
– Consistently improve application testing and quality assurance processes.
– Collaborate with other engineering teams (API, operations, etc.) to ensure specifications and patterns fluidly integrate with mobile applications.
– Codes, debugs, documents, deploys, and maintains new software programs in a highly efficient and effective manner.
– Maintains and modifies existing applications.
– Fixed defects found in testing.
– May work with and modify packaged applications.
– May build and/or use components.
– Participates in problem analysis and system design as requested.
– In the absence of an application architect or on projects that are less complex, gathers customer requirements and specifies functionality.
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
– 3+ years experience shipping production-ready, native mobile applications.
– Experience with modern mobile application libraries and dependency management systems.
– Extensive experience working with RESTful APIs and third-party services.
– Experience working closely with UX and design teams to deliver highly usable and flexible interfaces.
– Experience building applications for a variety of devices and environments.
– In-depth understanding of supporting a wide variety of native components, network conditions, device APIs, differing storage solutions, and legacy application versions.
– Demonstrated efficiency within a fast-paced and autonomous product development environment.
– Experience with SCRUM preferred.
** For the Android Position:
– Must have extensive experience with Kotlin.
**For the iOS Position:
– Must have extensive experience with Swift.
– Must have strong logic skills, be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and demonstrate well-developed problem-solving skills.
– Must demonstrate excellent time management, prioritization, attention to detail, and organization skills.
– Highly self-organized.
– Exceptional ability to troubleshoot and address issues/bugs/defects.
– Proficiency in leading UX and/or UI exercises.
– Experience working with third party and open source SDKs.
– Experience with frontend and/or backend development.
– Working experience within a fast-paced development environment.
– Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, and as part of a team.
– Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other team members.
– Establishes high level of trust and credibility internally with team members.
– Works within a multi-disciplinary, matrixed team environment with respect towards others and laser focus on successfully meeting organizational and team goals.
– Appropriately collaborates with cross-functional team members without formal authority or management control.
– Resolves conflict to meet the needsthe of organization and/or customer, while retaining or improving relationships with those involved.
– Displays critical thinking ability, examining and considering multiple perspectives in decision-making.
– Possesses strong interpersonal skills, including listening skills and a striving to understand before being understood.
– Responds to setbacks and roadblocks with positive attitude and appropriate redirection of activity.
– Experience working within legacy code environments.
– Experience refactoring and improving aspects and functionality of applications.
– Plans and executes own activities with generally-defined goals and minimal supervision.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
← Back to Job Listings
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2022.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
To view other Lexicon Solutions job opportunities, please visit our website at: www.lexiconsolutions.com/jobs