Our client is hiring a team of contract Health Editors to support development of sponsored custom content. These editors will participate in a deadline-driven, cross-functional content development process that aims to deliver a variety of sponsored content types that inform and engage patient and consumer audiences about specific health conditions and topics. Assignments will range from content collections to premium multimedia experiences. This editor is responsible for ensuring content accuracy, quality, and clarity, managing freelance writers, and communicating with project managers, editorial, medical review and design stakeholders while prioritizing aggressive deadlines. Candidates should be detail oriented, independent editors with strong communication and critical thinking skills who can work effectively with teams in a virtual work environment. Ability to translate complex medical information into plain language is an essential skill required for this position.
Listed duties should be things that take between 5% and 25% of the incumbent’s time or critical responsibilities that are important and require specific skills, but may not happen frequently. For example, negotiating a contract which may happen only once a year. To the extent possible, the top 2 or 3 bullet points should represent the primary duties for the role.
1) Managing development, quality control, and timely delivery of sponsored custom content assignments.
2) Ensuring content is accurate, high quality, and adherent to WebMD style guide.
3) Facilitating editorial workflows using custom CMS and project management tools.
4) Managing and editing assignments delegated to freelance writers.
5) Collaborating with editorial, publishing, and medical review stakeholders to develop, publish, and optimize content efficiently and effectively.
– 3-5 years’ experience creating digital health and medical content for a consumer audience.
– Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
– Exceptional editing skills and aptitude for diverse and detail-oriented assignments.
– Excellent time management and ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
– Commitment to content quality and ability to micro and macro edit effectively.
– Working knowledge of contemporary SEO best practices for YMYL content.
– Positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member.
– Experience working with a CMS, project management tools, Microsoft Office and Google tools.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
← Back to Job Listings
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2022.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
To view other Lexicon Solutions job opportunities, please visit our website at: www.lexiconsolutions.com/jobs