Business Intelligence Architect
The Business Intelligence Architect will provide information from existing data sources, using a variety of reporting tools for all of our client’s division. Some travel to other Northwest office locations will be required.
– Provide standard and ad-hoc reporting, including key performance indicator (KPI) reporting, metrics definition and data collection to support KPI’s; creation and maintenance of reports and dashboards.
– Manage data to support reporting, including the creation and maintenance of databases, through the use of Microsoft Access, MS SQL Server, SSRS/SSIS, Visual Basic, Visual Studio, Crystal Reports, and others.
– Must prepare reports for organization’s executives.
– Responsible for building cubes from new and existing data sources.
– Ability to establish ODBC connections between different types of databases and platforms.
– Must be able to learn business needs and work with multiple teams to maximize and streamline process and reporting requirements.
– Ability to properly manage time and workloads in an environment that consistently provides distractions and diversions without close supervision.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or six years of related experience is required.
– Strong knowledge of data warehousing and data modeling.
– Strong information technology skills and communication skills – both oral and written.
– Proficient skills and experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, T-SQL, Windows Server, Shell scripting, and utilities.
– Experience with SQL Server tuning and optimization, Database Administration, Database Tuning, Database Management, Database Security is desired.
– Relational application design and development experience.
– Experience designing and implementing multidimensional and normalized data models.
– Experience with the wood products industry is preferred.
– Experience with collection data from Human Machine Interface Software (HMI) and/or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) is highly desirable.
– Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Access skills.
– Crystal Reports, ASP.NET and C# preferred.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate with users at all levels, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational skills. Willing to provide support after normal business hours as needed.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
← Back to Job Listings
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2022.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
To view other Lexicon Solutions job opportunities, please visit our website at: www.lexiconsolutions.com/jobs